Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Lantea concept is a web app for mapping and tracking that is targeted to run on B2G, but can run anywhere on modern browsers.
- OpenStreetMap tiles - for rendering maps (should be parameterized so that alternative tiles like Google Maps/Satellite can also be used later on)
- Geolocation - esp. watchPosition() for tracking positions
- indexedDB - for saving settings, current track, etc.
- appCache - for locally caching resources so the app can be used offline
- canvas - for displaying tiles and painting position/tracks
- GPX format - for downloading tracks / storing them externally
- CanvasS Slippy Map - a simple canvas-based OpenStreetMap map display
- Slippy Map On Canvas - a more elaborate canvas-based OpenStreetMap web app that can do e.g. touch events for panning and has zoom buttons
- Mappero (a.k.a. maemo-mapper) - a Maemo app that solved well what the Lantea app should provide on an HTML base
- OsmAnd - an Android app that is similar