Jump to navigation Jump to search
Fair. Play. Profit.
- Games should not get into boring repetitiveness.
- If games stop being fun to play, they are not worth playing.
- If a game is a random-powered slot machine for items, say so. Don't let game play be reduced to gambling if it's not the main objective.
- Free players are potential future customers - remind them of paid features but don't annoy them.
- Give free players limited access to paid features from time to time so they experience what the worth of "VIP" etc. actually is.
- Make games fun for a broad spectrum of daily time availability of players (5 min per day, 1h every few days, a few hours per weekend, or hours per day).
- Quality is not optional, it's part of keeping players engaged.
- Stay in dialog with the more engaged players.
- Play your games yourself.
- Provide a convenient bug/task tracker that is open to players.
- Avoid UI pieces that flash to attract attention when there's no immediate non-paid action for players to take there.
- Don't have a whole collection of different currencies for different stores within one game unless there's exchanges and good game stories behind them.
- Leave room for individuality and exploration.