On a planet called Veridian III, a decisive battle was fought to prevent a future firing of a rocket into a star that would change gravitational forces and make "the nexus" crash into the planet as well as destroy the planet with a shock wave. Preventing this catastrophy made the crash of the USS Enterprise on the planet controllable as to suffer no human casualties.
In the same spirit, the project I internally dub "Veridian 3" is about dealing with crashes to make the bad ones preventable and other ones more controllable, all through prioritizing Socorro work.
Those areas have been specified in the contract:
- Improving Crash Data Integrity
- Identification and Removal of Duplicate Crash reports
- Improving Search Capabilities
- Improving Classification and Characterization of Crash Reports and Improved Signature Generation
- additional correlation reports to help identifying circumstances around the crash and steps to reproduce
- Improve Trend Reports to identify and alert teams about Explosive bugs